Saturday 9 July 2016

Fragrance Oils I use in my Melts and Candles.


I only use High Quality Fragrance Oils in my homemade Melts and Candles. They are made to give off a lasting scent throw and also a good Pot Pourri, until you use the melts or candles!

The recommended ratio of Fragrance Oil to Wax is 4 - 5% and 8% Maximum. I safely use between 10 and 12%. Therefore when I state Highly Scented, they are Highly Scented, BUT the strength of scent throw is dependent on Strength category of the fragrance oil and type of Melt Warmer or Oil Burner used! 

Therefore Scent Throw is not always a strong one. It will however, still be a long lasting scent throw.

The Scent Throw can last up to 12 hours. I cannot guarantee this, as there are various factors that can affect the length of scent throw. Such as type of warmer or burner used, size and distance from candle or warmer to the dish, if used out doors, if continually left on to melt. The Scent Throw will run out sooner if continually left on.  It is best to allow the melt to set after up to 4 hours or sooner.  It acts as a Pot Pourri while set!!! You can re-use the melt, as it holds the scent throw until it is spent.

When I make melts using Pure Essential Oils, I call these melts Aroma Melts, they are for healing purposes, for your mind, body and soul, as well as a pleasant Aroma!! From relaxation, sleep, to refreshing and reviving, also for helping with colds, headache and odour eliminator etc....




No comments:

Post a Comment